From: John E. Malmberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> John E. Malmberg wrote:
> > Paul Marquess wrote:
> >

> Editing 16oneshot.t to remove the './' from the $tmpdir and re-running
> the script makes it pass all 2544 tests.

I've removed the leading './' from the all the $tmpdir directory variables
in 16oneshot.t

> > It appears something is wrong with glob() on VMS.
> >
> > glob("./tmpdir/a*.tmp") is returning "t/tmpdir/a1.tmp" when the current
> > working directory is "t".
> >
> > glob("tmpdir/a*.tmp") is returning "tmpdir/a1.tmp" as expected.
>
> I will need to look at adding the case of ./dir/* to the glob tests.  I
> suspect that it has been broken for a while.  I will look at this as I
> get into updating the file system related functions.
>
> This gets me to understanding what is causing all the current failures
> on blead-perl for VMS.

According to your previous post that means that the only thing left failing
is one test in globmapper.t

   ext/Compress/Zlib/t/globmapper.t   68 of  69 ok

I assume the failing test is the one that uses the './' directory prefix? -
I'm using that prefix to try to make VMS glob think it should work in UNIX
mode so that I can test file globs that include character classes.

Paul