Cwd.pm will need an update for OpenVMS past version 8.2, for supporting symbolic links and the UNIX emulation modes.

Using the realpath routine in Cwd.pm has a very significant performance penalty as compared to using the realpath() routine that will be provided by OpenVMS.

OpenVMS can usually come up with an untainted cwd specification when in UNIX emulation mode. The tests expect it to be tainted though, which means instead of using realpath("."), I have to translate a tainted specification which was obtained from $ENV{PATH}.

Currently I have a mutant version for 5.8.7, but it may depend on other changed modules.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only