At 5:07 PM -0800 1/16/06, martin guzman wrote:
>Thanks Craig
>
>is MMK or MMS part of perl?
>how I get them?

No, they're not.  They are build tools analogous to Unix make.  You
can buy MMS from HP.  You can get MMK for free here:

http://www.madgoat.com

>I have version 5.6 and it does not include MD5.

You can get a pre-built kit of 5.8.4 here:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/freeware/freeware70/perl/

HP has a supported version of 5.8.6 available as a PCSI installation kit at:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/ips/apache/csws_modperl.html

If you are compiling from source, please read about the requirements
in README.vms in the source distribution.

>$ perl -e "use Digest::MD5;"
>Can't locate loadable object for module Digest::MD5 in @INC
>(@INC contains: /per
>l_root/lib/VMS_IA64/5_6_1 /perl_root/lib
>/perl_root/lib/site_perl/VMS_IA64 /perl
>_root/lib/site_perl /perl_root/lib/site_perl .) at -e line
>1
>Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
>BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
>%SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHFILE, no such file
>
>$ product show product perl
>----------------------------------- -----------
>------------
>PRODUCT                             KIT TYPE    STATE
>----------------------------------- -----------
>------------
>HP I64VMS PERL V5.6-1A1             Full LP     Installed
>----------------------------------- -----------
>------------
>
>1 item found
>

>Thank you so much!
>Martin
>
>On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:15:51 -0600
> Craig Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Martin,
>>
>> A couple of observations.  Recent versions of Perl
>> already have Digest::MD5 included ("in the core", as we
>> say).  I'm afraid I don't have the exact definition of
>> "recent" handy, but I think it was in the 5.8 time frame.
>>  If you can run the following command without error, then
>> you've got it:
>>
>> $ perl -e "use Digest::MD5;"
>> $
>>

>> If you do need to build it, running the Makefile.PL is
>> only the first step in building an extension.  It just
>> generates the description file for MMK or MMS.  A typical
>> complete build and install sequence looks like:
>>
>> $ perl Makefile.PL
>> $ MMK
>> $ MMK test
>> $ MMK install