At 10:12 AM -0500 2/20/06, John E. Malmberg wrote:

>If Scalar::Util is dynamically loaded, I will have a hard time setting a
>breakpoint in it to debug it at C level to see what is going on.

You might be able to set a breakpoint for my_find_image_symbol in
dl_vms.c, then once the image is loaded, set image and additional
breakpoints.  But it looks like Scalar::Util is pure Perl, no XS code
involved, so this wouldn't apply.

>In addition, the program that creates .C modules from .XS modules is placing
>"#line " directives in the .C source.  This badly breaks the OpenVMS debugger,
>because it does not know how to map the binary code to the .XS module lines.

What about setting source to the .XS file?  I'm not sure if that
works, but it's worth a try.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."