Craig A. Berry wrote:
At 12:01 AM -0500 3/13/06, John E. Malmberg wrote:

Craig A. Berry wrote:

The attached provides the special handling needed for C compiler defines
in ExtUtils::CBuilder. This is against blead but I'm hoping the right
number after -p supplied to patch will apply cleanly to the CPAN version
(which is separately maintained, right?).

I just applied it against [EMAIL PROTECTED] and got the following result:

EAGLE> mcr [-]ndbgperl "-I[-.LIB]" [-.lib.extutils.CBuilder.t]01-basic.t
1..11
# Running under perl version 5.009004 for VMS
# Current time local: Sun Mar 12 23:41:46 2006
# Current time GMT:   Mon Mar 13 04:41:46 2006
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
Global symbol "$args" requires explicit package name at
../../ExtUtils/CBuilder/Platform/VMS.pm line 24.
I can't reproduce this problem, even after backing out my change and
reapplying the patch.  Please try reapplying the patch in verbose
mode and/or visually inspecting the result and/or the patch itself.

I applied the patch by pasting the new routine into the existing file, and then used gnu diff against my rsync reference copy which appeared to produce the same patch that you had posted.

I will not be able to look at this until later tonight though.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only