John E. Malmberg wrote:

-#if __CRTL_VER >= 70000000 /* FIXME to earliest version */
+#if __CRTL_VER >= 70300000 /* FIXME to earliest version */
 #include <efndef.h>
 #define NO_EFN EFN$C_ENF

Why require 7.3 for this? I think it really did come along in 7.0,
didn't it?

 int
 Perl_rmscopy(pTHX_ const char *spec_in, const char *spec_out, int
preserve_dates)
 {

This is only tangentially related, but I've often wondered whether we
should replace the RMS block transfers with something else, such as the
BACKUP API, or $IO_PERFORM calls. Or at least do a chain of $QIOs so we
don't wait until each write completes before initiating the next read
and vice versa. Anyone have experience comparing the different
approaches? Anyone have code to contribute?