"Dr. Martin P.J. Zinser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on
05/18/2006 02:44:24 PM:

> I am trying to port Net::DNS (0.57) to VMS. Unfortunatly the Makefile.PL

> does contain some pretty Unix-centric hackery, part of it involving
> calling make as part of Makefile.PL. To make this "portable" I need the
> name of the platform specific makefile as known to MakeMaker. Can you
> advise on where to look for this? "Make" can be found in $Config, but
> I have not found "Makefile" in there...

The name 'descrip.mms' is buried in ExtUtils::MakeMaker::MM_VMS.pm
and is not queryable directly.

To get Net::DNS 0.57 working on VMS we did not use the descrip.mms
name but found that we had to modify 5 of the source files:

DNS.xs
Makefile.PL
netdns.h
t/00-pod.t