A package I am trying to install has, as a prerequisite, the package
EXTUTILS::AUTOINSTALL.  When I attempt to install this package I get the error:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Module::Install::autoinstall"
(perhaps you forgot to load "Module::Install::autoinstall"?) at
inc/Module/Install.pm - /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Module/Install.pm
line 269.

I am not familiar enough with the internal workings of Perl installation
packages to determine what the issue is.  I am using HP's distribution of Perl
V5.8.6.  Is there something I need to update before installing this package?

Mark Berryman