Carl Friedberg wrote:
Craig and the list,

I decided to attempt a build of 5.9.4 on HP C V7.1-015 on OpenVMS Alpha
V7.3-2.

%MMS-F-GWKNOACTS, Actions to update ADLER32.OBJ are unknown.
%MMS-F-ABORT, For target DYNEXT, CLI returned abort status: %X10EE805C.

BTW, this all started because I want to try to use some of the new
Module::Builder stuff, but now I'm sorry I spent time on that.

What I really need to do is some simple module building stuff, but
I keep tripping up on various failures (usually caused by my use of
ODS-5 directories, which is rapidly becoming the default for all the
systems which I work on...). I'll keep soldering on, but if you have
a useful URL to read, let me know. Thanks,

Either rename all of your files to have upper case extensions before you start, or use Madgoat Make (MMK).

I have been using MMK.

The DECSET maintainers are working on an update to MMK to support ODS-5 volumes.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only