Craig,

> Does the perl_root:[utils] directory exist and do you have access to
> it?  I can't think of any good reason an extension installation would
> need to create it as it's already there in any non-broken Perl
> installation.

I definitely ran the mmk install from the SYSTEM account with system
privileges; I've learned from past mistakes that installing a
perl module is safely done from SYSTEM, and nowhere else...

$ dir/sec perl_root:[000000]utils

Directory PERL_ROOT:[000000]

UTILS.DIR;1              1KB/1KB        22-APR-2005 14:30:24.20
[ESBSTAFF,THORN]   (RWE,RWE,RWE,RWE)

Total of 1 file, 1KB/1KB

(I'm sorry for the length of my previous post, I was writing with
the expectation that it would be a 100% success report, and was
dismayed by the failure in the last step, installing XSLT.)

Any hints on the best way to go in and do this by hand? Since
XSLT passed all tests, I'm ready to use it, and it is needed. But,
that auto-generated descrip.mms is a bit hard for me to decipher,
and I don't want to do something dumb (all too easy from the
SYSTEM account).

Thanks again,

Carl Friedberg