Greetings:

I'm looking for general ideas to troubleshoot
a compile-time module load; Specifically:  "use DBD::Sybase;"

I've had the DBI bits working with MySQL for sometime now;

Now, I wanted to connect to an MS SQL system.
using FreeTDS.  (the FreeTDS tsql test client appears to work ok, so far)

basically, the test scripts all choke on the "use DBD::Sybase;"
(possibly an accvio, down deep)

 t/base..........
 dubious
 Test returned status 12 (wstat 1024, 0x400) (VMS status is 12)

in the base.t script, it doesn't do a "use DBD::Sybase",
but ->install_driver().
at the failing lines, we do not reach either print statement.
(i suspect a caught/handled exception)

 $drh = DBI->install_driver('Sybase');
 (ref $drh eq 'DBI::dr') ? print "ok 4\n" : print "not ok 4\n";

I didn't want to belabor the list with gory details,
(versions, environments, etc), but I wondered if anyone could
speak to/of a few general things to check, when a module load fails.

looking at $set watch/class=all f.ex, suggests that we're
finding the PL_DBD__SYBASE.EXE ok.  (statically linked against
a set of FreeTDS .olb's (libct,libtds))

regards-
-ldb