John E. Malmberg wrote:
Craig A. Berry wrote:

At 12:03 PM -0500 11/24/06, John E. Malmberg wrote:

In configure.com, vms/descrip.mms_template, vms/vms.c:

Add the smoke and mirrors to make the perl5db.pl xterm create
request  create a decterm for debugging.

Interesting.  I have a couple of questions but this looks very
promising.

Have you tried this new feature for VMS yet? It seems to work very well for me in separating debugger I/O from application I/O.

Even for single process debugging, I like it much better.

If you are on a DECTerm, just set the logical names:

$define TERM "xterm"
$define DISPLAY "0:0.0"
$define PERLDB_PIDS "XXX"

And then run the debugger on the script of your choice. A new DECTerm should be created, which you can resize as needed where all the debugging commands are executed and results displayed.

When you quit the debugger, the DECTerm window is automatically closed.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only