The new mro.c file in blead currently causes the following compilation grief on VMS:

XS(XS_mro_get_global_sub_generation);
^
%CC-W-LONGEXTERN, The external identifier name exceeds 31 characters; truncated to "XS_MRO_GET_GLOBAL_SUB_GENERATIO".
at line number 694 in file D0:[CRAIG.perl]mro.c;1

XS(XS_mro_invalidate_all_method_caches);
^
%CC-W-LONGEXTERN, The external identifier name exceeds 31 characters; truncated to "XS_MRO_INVALIDATE_ALL_METHOD_CA".
at line number 695 in file D0:[CRAIG.perl]mro.c;1

Normally XS symbols are shortened by a VMS-only name mangler when
processed by xsubpp, but here we are bypassing that process.  By far
the easiest thing to do would be to simply shorten them manually as
in the attached patch, but will that break anything that's already
out there?  I don't see anything in the core that calls these from C.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser