At 7:56 AM -0500 7/29/07, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>In t/op/stat.t, enable the test for link count if perl is configured
>with support for link.

Thanks, applied as #31665.

>Note for VMS maintainers:
>
>If you want hard link support on VMS 7.3-1 and 7.3-2, then you need to
>come up with a test in Configure.com to verify that hard links are
>enabled on the build volume.
>
>If Perl is attempted to be built with hard links enabled on a volume
>that does not support hard links, the build will probably fail, as the
>build procedure may attempt to use the hard links.

But it won't even let you configure to build with hard links unless
you are on 8.2 or later and hard links are enabled on the build
volume.  If someone has the tuits and know-how to detect the latent
support in version before 8.2, I'll be happy to see patches.

>I do not have the resources to do test VMS 7.3-1 or VMS 7.3-2 and do not
>expect to.

Me either.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]