On Aug 25, 2007, at 5:11 AM, John E. Malmberg wrote:

So are you saying I should roll back #31746:
http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/31746
and apply Jos's patch instead?

No. Joe's patch works around the issue for all versions of Perl only for the CPAN module. It does not work around the issue for random programs that may use the require $filename syntax of a module that could also be in a require $module_name statement somewhere else

Attached is version 0.11_01 of Module::Load, which has the patch in
it for VMS as discussed.

John, Craig, if you could give me the thumbs up that this passes tests
on VMS and generally agree with the change, I'll promote this one to
0.12, release it to CPAN and provide a core patch.

Thanks,

--

        Jos Boumans

        "Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority,
        it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

        Jos Boumans

        From kid's Superman costume for Halloween (stitched into the
        cape's tag) -- "Warning: Use of This Device Does Not Enable
        Wearer To Fly."

        CPANPLUS        http://cpanplus.sf.net