Jos,

I have not worked out a fix yet, but it seems that the last test that is failing on VMS is because ODS-2 does not retain the case of filenames that are created.

The problem is the filename is being converted to a module name and then looked up in the %$modtree hash.

On VMS, for ODS-2 filenames, the returned module name is always in lower case and is not likely to match the typically mixed and uppercase module names and paths used as keys in the hash.

What it looks like needs to be done for VMS and other file systems that do not preserve case is that the keys to %$modtree need to be extracted into an array.

Then a case insensitive check of the names in @_ be done against them. If a match is found, then the original case of the name from the keys used to retrieve the reference to the specific object in $modtree.

Either that, or the keys for the %$modtree need to be created in lower case for VMS and the looked up key needs to be forced to lowercase.

While perl on VMS currently returns most filenames in lowercase, that should not be depended on.

Unfortunately there is currently no public API that a module can use to determine which mode that VMS on Perl is in.

So it is likely that the filenames found and converted into modules may sometimes be in the exact case in the future.

I think we are real close in getting all the tests to pass on VMS.

I also need to find out why currently putting Perl on VMS in a case preserved mode is causing an apparent recursion when module Find is used.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only