From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Wayne Throop
Sent: Monday, 10 June 2002 3:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: view only java applet

:: Right now, I am depending on the cooperation of whomever I give the
:: "password" to for them to share and "view-only" my desktop.  Since
:: the view-only feature is really controlled from the client side.

: I added -viewonly switch to Xvnc server (checked on RH Linux).
: You can find my original e-mail at:
: http://www.tridiavnc.com/list-mailist/2000-07/0575.html
: Please read it.

Alternatively, set up two different rfb passwd files, and

        Xvnc :1 -rfbauth key1 &
        Xvnc :2 -rfbauth key2 &
        env DISPLAY=:2 vncviewer :1 -fullscreen -viewonly -passwd key1 &
        env DISPLAY=:1 twm &

   (  Decorate with additional options to taste,
      such as -depth, -geometry, etc  )

If you want other folks to be able to view only, you give them the
password for :2 only.  You keep the password for :1 to yourself. (And,
of course, make sure nobody but you can read the files key1 and key2.)

Very simple.  Very easy.

Wayne Throop   [EMAIL PROTECTED]