----- Original Message -----
From: "Lagemann Christoph MT-D (Exchange)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "VNC List (E-Mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 6:52 AM
Subject: IP Range und Windows NT - Please help

> I finally found the Place, where the AuthHost is set. Unfortunately this
> thing doesn't work :-(
>
> I placed the key AuthHosts (REG_SZ) in both HKCU\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\ and
> HKLM\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\, tried the QuerySettings Key as well, but
neither
> works, it still accepts incoming Connections.
>
> I defined AuthHosts as +172.38.15 and QuerySettins as 3.
>
> Please help i'm desperate.
>
> Christoph

According to the docs at http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html you
need to deny everyone first.  For example if you are trying to make it so
you can only connect from the 172.38.15.0 subnet you would put
"-:+172.38.15".  It looks like you are trying to get it to query, so a
"-:?172.38.15" might work better.

--
William Hooper

Have you crashed your Windows today ?