From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 11:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VNC thru Cisco VPN and firewall

I am trying to connect from inside another firewall first using Cisco VPN
client and then VNC. I am able to see the VPN client enter my network but
VNC "Failed to connect...". I am able to connect from an outside source (my
home) to the VNC server without any problem. The difference being there is
no firewall on the home side.

My setup is:
Open a connection with Cisco VPN client and then:
VNC client: ---------firewall: -----------VPNConcentrator:-----Pix
Firewall:--------VNC Server

I have tried the mathematics to use port 80 in the display number to no
avail. Do I need to change the registry on either or both machines? If so,
what would that be? Is it port 5900 that would need to be opened on the
firewall?
Also, our internal addresses are private. Should the VNC Server have a
public address.
Thanks for your help.

There is absolutely no evidence that suggests life is to be taken seriously!

Neal Johnson
360-442-5066