From: bradleyw [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 October 2002 02:49
To: vnc-list
Cc: bradleyw
Subject: Problems besetting a newbie

I have installed the VNC server on my Windows 98 unit and the VNC viewer
on
my other unit that has Mandrake 8.2 and Windows 98 on it in their own
partitions.  Each unit has an Intel 82557 (Ethernet Pro 100) network
card.
Under hardware on the linux unit it shows that it is recognized with
Kernel
Module: eepro100, Bus Type: PCI.

Both cards are working OK as they run Network Neighbourhood under
Windows
without any problem.

When I ping the the server machine (W98) from the linux machine the
answer
comes back that it can't access the network.

I've looked at Linuxconf and I am lost there. Is there someone who would

kindly help me set up the card on the Linux machine so that it will
work.

Thank you,

Bill.
--