> What would it take to get RealVNC to have features like SOE VNC, i.e. the NT
> Authentication?
> What about other Authentication Realms?

We've come back full circle to the plug-in idea haven't we? :-)

If VNC was to support different authentication mechanisms, IMO I'd rather
have these as options rather than as a standard.

Kerberos or LDAP (NDS, openldap, AD) queries might be better in a big
network, but could be a nightmare to code for. The other option is what
happens when the machine can't see the authentication system, but is still
VNCable.... can you still logon?

> I think that would be a lot safer than a password based authentication

How much work would be required for all viewers to be able to negoiate an
authentication method? Have the server report to the client that "the following
methods are supported.... " perhaps start with the basic VNC system, then offer
local user account (okay for windows, unix - I don't know about macs)

Later,
Richard