----- Original Message -----
From: "William Bradley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 14:27, William Hooper wrote:
>
> > Samba, SCP, FTP, NFS, rsync, etc.  These protocols were designed to
> > transfer files.
> >
> > I don't believe there is a VNC that has had file transfer tacked on that
> > is cross platform.
>
> Thanks William, I thought the above might be the case. Can you suggest
> the simplest approach. I have two units sitting side by side. One
> Mandrake 9.0 and the other Windows 98. Both have network cards and I
> have two phone lines.I want to move a 22 megabyte file off the Windows
> machine on to the Mandrake one.
>
> William Bradley

The most "natural" thing to do is to use Samba over the network connection.
That makes the Mandrake machine show up in "Network Neighborhood" like a
Windows machine would.  you can get the details at www.samba.org or
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/90/en/Server_Conf_Guide.html/service-fi
le-sharing.html .

--
William Hooper

Any neural system sufficiently complex to generate the axioms of arithmetic
is too complex to be understood by itself.