And, if I may, I'd like to comment on just how useful I've recently found apt4rpm(.sf.net) to be when it comes to resolving mystery dependencies on software installation.

As good as RPMFind is for finding specific software, I have found that the automation provided by apt4rpm makes the issue of dependencies all but painless.

Please do look into it if time permits.

- bish

Marco wrote:
I am getting a list of long unresolved dependencies when i try to
install the RPM package on SuSE 6.3.  Where can I find a list of what
versions of of the various dependent libraries etc I need?  I assume
that is my problem.
rpmfind.net