----- Original Message -----
From: "prakash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 12:41 AM
Subject: No Display in console when replacing Xserver to Xvnc

> hai,
>
> I replace my Xserver with the Xvnc in the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file.
> After doing this,i reboot my system ,but no display is there and error
> messages are coming
>  but i connect my system with the vncviewer in remote machine,it is
working
> fine.
>
> Can anyone plz tell me the solution
>
> Prakash

If I understand you correctly, you are going about this wrong.  Xvnc doesn't
replace the Xserver that is designed for your video card, it runs in
addition to it.  Normally you have two completely separate displays.

If you want to share the local display (similar to what you get with WinVNC)
you need to look into something like xf4vnc, which if I understand correctly
loads as a module with your current X setup.

--
William Hooper

Twisted mind? No, just bent in several strategic places.