I am trying to use vnc through ssh and I'm having loopback problems. Let's
make sure I know what should be happening first.

I start ssh with ssh -L 5900 localhost:5900 username@serveripaddress

vnc viewer on my computer connects to localhost:0, where no vnc server is
running

ssh forwards the request to port 22 on serveripaddress

the ssh server at serveripaddress forwards the request to its own port 5900

Is that correct?

I was getting a "Local loopback not allowed" (or something like that) on the
server computer, so I added a registry setting (AllowLoopback = DWORD
0x00000001) to allow loopback. Now my viewer is telling me "Local loop-back
connections are disabled". How do I make this work?