Hello Mark,

> VNC is now not accepting connections, and says the password supplied is
> not accepted.
>
> I log into the server directly to change the passwords, and I am logged
> in as the administrator, but I am not allowed to change the details, I
> get a message stating that VNC is configured with the default settings
> and only a system administrator can change these settings.

well, if it's UNIX on the server: there is a file ~/.vnc/passwd - just
delete it and start vncserver (you will need to do this for every user
with your problem). You will be prompted for a new password and all
is fine. If it's windows - well, I do not try this...

Best regards, Andreas

Andreas Schmidt
Web:    http://www.dus-spot.de
        http://www.schmiddis-flieger.de