I don't want it to go away after X number of seconds on its on, just now allow a user
to click 'ok' until that time is up. We only send
the message to users it applys to anyway, as we don't do network broadcats to
everyone, we insert the machine name, so we can pick and
choose.

We already do it like this, and it hasn't prompted any phone calls yet! Although thats
probably because people don't read them. I was
just wondering if people used any other product rather than netsend, as its a bit
basic. We have novell, and that has the novel message
broadcast, but not all our machines use the novell client, and we're geting rid of it
next month anyway.

Anyway, don't want to take up more of the lists time & resources, as its not a VNC
question, thanks for peoples input!

Ben

Triumph International Ltd
Arkwright Road, Groundwell, Swindon, SN25 5BE

Ben Blackmore
I.T. Department

Phone:      +44 (0) 1793 720126
Fax:           +44 (0) 1793 720179
Mail:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit us at: http://www.triumph-international.co.uk

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

                      "Carl"

                      <wc4h@bellsouth.         To:      "VNC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      net>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: OT - Network Broadcast

                      vnc-list-admin@r

                      ealvnc.com

                      05/02/2003 01:40

Ditto.  They won't read the messages anyway. Also, you have to consider
people that are legitimately away from the PC. They will never see the
message.

When I was in IT, we had a net admin that sent messages all the time.  They
annoyed the heck out of people, who as you correctly stated, do not read
them.  The messages also had the drawback of spawning untold phone calls and
/or emails asking for special extensions or asking questions like "does it
apply to me?".  Folks got annoyed and confused.

Carl