There is an alternate description at
http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp. Compare both worlds.

> and add to my /etc/inetd.conf :
>
> vnc-1024        stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/Xvnc.5
> Xvnc.5 -inetd -broadcast -once -geometry 1024x768 -depth 8 -cc 3
> vnc-1280        stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/vncserver.inetd
> vncserver.inetd

What is `Xvnc.5`???? As far as I know, that is the manpage! not the
binary!!!

> (one line to try directly, on line to try with a script)
>
> I've add to /etc/services :
>
> vnc-1024        5950/tcp
> vnc-1280        5951/tcp
>

> And last, my vncserver.inetd script :
>
> /usr/local/bin/Xvnc -depth 8 -cc 3 -inetd -once -broadcast -fp
> tcp/localhost:7100

Exchange '-broadcast' with '-query localhost' or '-query xdmcpmachine'. try
this with `Xvnc :4 -query localhost` and see if you get a login box at
`vncvierer Xvncmachine:4`.

Be verry sure stdio of the script is hotwired to stdio of the script since
that's where inetd will connect the port to.

> After a kill -HUP inetd.pid, I try from my PC :

Not all inetd listens to -HUP. It's save to do (in one line!):

/etc/init.d/inetd stop; /etc/init.d/inetd start

> vncviewer unixbox:50 or 51

This 50 and 51 will connect to vncservices at ports 5950 and 5951. That's
the reason the above (5900, 5901) does not work.

> And nothing occurs.
> If I look on my unixbox what is going on :
>
> netstat -an | grep 59
>
>       *.5950               *.*                0      0     0
>     0 LISTEN
>       *.5951               *.*                0      0     0
>     0 LISTEN
> So, what's wrong ?

I think you start with exchanging the 'Xvnc.5' to 'Xvnc' in the inetd.conf
file: use the same binary as in the script file.

If you definitly want to call a script from inetd.conf, then be verry sure
you read the documentation since inetd does not 'just execute': Stdin,
stdout and stderr of the binary must be hooked to the stdin, stdout and
stderr of the script. The double name in the inetd.conf file, the first must
be a binary, the second is $0. For scripts, the first must be the
script-engine (/bin/sh, /usr/local/bin/perl or such), the second the
filename of the scipt (which does not need to be executable). Details on
this vary between systems.

Success

CBee