> So after all that waffle, and in the hope that I have not
> sent you not all to sleep,  I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1.    Is there a way to circumvent the Error Box
> 2.    If not, could the test be changed in a future version
> of VNC so that the box does not
> appear if LoopbackOnly = 1.
>
> I know that this is just a very minor niggle in really great
> software.

If it prevents you form doing your job, it's a problem ;-)

That being said, I see 2 possiblities at first, awaiting maybe a solution in a next
version:

1 If you have access to a compiler for the platform, find the line of code that raises
the dialog and comment it out.

2 Find some freeware or shareware app that will answer dialog boxes for you. I have
seen some (can't remember names alas) that will do this based on the dialog box title.
This might help you. although for me it would be to hackish to really rely on if the
server is, say, a 1000 km away from you...

Arnt