I'm working on a Mini-HOWTO that will turn Xvnc into a way to get low-cost X11 sessions without the X11 software or hardware on the "clients". This will allow X11 sessions from any platform that supports VNC. It's not complete, and it could use some polish, but it's based on my experiences. The platform targeted is RedHat, although any Unix-style platform running xinetd should work.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

- - -
Disclaimer: the opinions and words expressed are not those of my employer.