From: William Hooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Wish: Version Query

For this to be useful EVERY version of VNC would need to include it, so
older versions would still be unknown.

This would also be a unnecessary security risk.  If you know what
flavor/version of VNC is running you can use a (hypothetical) exploit
against people that haven't updated.

Assuming all the versions conform to the VNC spec, the clients and servers
can be interchanged with a basic level of compatibility without this
information.

--
William Hooper