Hi, Glen,

I'm not filtering anything. `telnet 127.0.0.1 5904` produces "Connecting To 127.0.0.1...Could not open a connection to host on port 5904 : Connect failed".

I'll try downloading and installing a different SSH client. I'm currently using PuTTY, but I'll try TeraTerm or something.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Dave

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Glenn Lovitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Dave T.'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: RE: SSH and VNC Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:04:57 -0500

Dave,

Opps, forgot reply-all to post to list. Anyway, is your remote server
listening on port 5904? No firewall or other blocking software in way of SSH
connection. Form SSH shell (I use putty client on windows) try: telnet
localhost 5904. If get response "RFB 003.003" your SSH tunnel and VNC server
config are fine. If not, tunneling from client side is suspect or you may be
filtering packets on Unix side for port 5904. Good luck.

Glenn