I thought I would just throw my 2 cents in..

VirtualPC is very similar to vmware, but it has its own VNC server
running on the "Host" machine, and you can dedicate certain Screens to
different "Guests", so if you vnc into host:1, it can be your dos
client, host:2 can be win2k, etc.. any standard vncviewer can access it.

VirtualPC is again commercial, windows only, the "Host" os must be an
NT/2000/Xp, but I believe the same requirements are for VMWare also
(when running on a windows platform that is).

I haven't had any experience with Bochs, but it sounds similar.

Paul