Yes, for the most part, a remote user connected to the network via a VPN
can be considered as if they are physically connected to the LAN (with a
much slower connection though).

When they initiate the VPN connection, they will be assigned an IP
address compatible with the LAN, so all you need is that IP address, and
a copy of VNCServer running on their machine and you will be able to
connect with VNCViewer. (firewall/port blocks etc pending)

Barry Zubel
Able Packaging Designs Ltd

***
This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any
unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by mistake,
please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your
email software. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please note that any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author personally and are not necessarily those of the Company or any of
its subsidiary companies, none of whom accept responsibility for the
contents of the message. This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
***