From: "Beerse, Corni" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 August 2003 12:11
To: Muzi Nkosi; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: DISPLAY problem

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Muzi Nkosi [ HYPERLINK
"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I have a vncserver running on a HP-UX machine (openveview is
> also running on this machine).

This runs vncserver. It provides openview:1

> I also have another HP-UX machine that is running Nethealth.

This runs vncserver. It provides nethealth:1

> from my windows machine I could  with vncviewer access
> openview and nethealth.

You access with `vncviewer nethealth:1` or `vncviewer openview:1`.

> Now I can only access openview only , from another terminal
> seesion when I try to start nethealth
> I ger a error message
>
> nethealth exiting 'DISPLAY' environment varibles not set.
>
> 1. I tried export DISPLAY=hostname:0.0

The $DISPLAY can/should be nethealth:1
It can also be openview:1, then it ends up at the openview display...
btw: the numbers are more important than the names. The names can be any name
the machine listens to, including "localhost" and even non at all.

> also get  a error can't open display: hostname:0.0

That's for the graphical console, I guess it's not available.

---

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to
the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.arivia.co.za/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer
through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send
an eMail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive
the disclaimer by return email or fax.