Mark Dugas said:
> So far the two apps are Diablo 2 and Asheron's Call.  My son and I play
> these,
> and I have VNC on his machine so I can view him and help when he needs it
> (he
> is 8).  But when I launch either of these 2 games, the entire screen goes
> black and I am getting no video of his desktop.
>
> My machine is a Win XP and his is a 98.
>
> What settings should I be able to cahnge to fix this?  Thanks in advance

Both of these games are using DirectX, which most likely talks directly to
the hardware and bypasses anything that VNC could get the updates from.
You could try to turn off graphics acceleration, but I doubt you will get
acceptable frame rates locally (not to mention remotely) after doing that.

--
William Hooper