Without going into the vagaries of cutbuffers and selections, the easiest
thing to do is use a 3-step process involving the Sun xclipboard utility.
Text selected on the xclipboard will be available for paste via the windows
client.  STEP 1:  Examples, 1) highlight text to copy in xterm, drop on
xclipboard with mouse 2; 2) highlight text in dtterm and use Edit->Copy (or kb
combo alt-e, c) and text is copied to xclipboard.  STEP 2: select (highlight)
text in clipboard which transfers to the windows clipboard.  STEP 3: paste in
windows.

Check the archives for setup to run autocutsel which may give you a longer
term solution.  I have never found it to be very robust when copying large
chunks of text and tend to just use the method outlined above.

Regards,  Glenn Lovitz