I am not sure how to fix your problem, but the seb_laptop is not a
hostname if it has an underscore, it must be a machine name.

The difference would be that you are not using DNS or the hosts file to
resolve it, you are using WINS, LMHOSTS, Netbios broadcasts or some other
windows mechanism.

When you use the IP address you are relying solely on the TCP/IP protocol
and it must be set up correctly. You could try using this line in the host
file on the client:
192.168.0.123       192.168.0.123

Some applications will try a DNS lookup if there is no entry in the hosts
file which will take too long and time out before connecting. If, this
doesn't work check all the TCP/IP settings to be sure they are correct.

Hope this helps.

Joe Kexel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
: VNC the greatest tool on Earth!