For a TightVNC server on an AIX box with a TightVNC client on Windows2000, will 8-bit pseudocolor be faster than 24-bit Truecolor?
What should I set for the Win2K display colors - 256 colors for 8bit pseudocolor? I can't use 16-bit Truecolor on the VNC server, since
I need to use Cadence which accepts only 8-bit PC or 24-bit TC, so I think the 16-bit display colors on Win2K would slow down the performance, right?

Does the X window manager on the AIX box make a difference for speed (twm vs. CDE) - since VNC just sends pixels and the AIX box
can handle the heaviness of CDE ok?

Thanks much for the help.