Has anyone ever encountered the problem of some unidentified device or
piece of software on one's computer not allowing outside pings? (I can
ping out.) After speaking to my ISP, earthlink, and ruling out my dsl
modem (too old to have a built-in router) and things like windows xp's
firewall (turned off), they say the problem is somewhere on my system
but they have no idea where. They suggested I go through Task Manager,
msconfig, add/remove to try to find what might be blocking me from
setting up vnc, but I'm at a loss as to where to start. Has anyone else
ever had to deal with this problem? I appreciate any help. Carla