Try using a 2 step approach using xclipboard.  I believe the problem you are
having is the same as I have had with Solaris.  Cut and past can work through
cutbuffers or selections and most applications (including Xvnc) use one or the
other.  As memory serves, Xvnc uses the older cutbuffers that work for mouse
selection of text in xterms and other "X" tools.  Most modern apps use
selections.

I have never found autocutsel or xcutsel worked as hoped for me.  Try opening
xclipboard, then:

1. copy from windows
2. paste to xclipboard with middle mouse button
3. select all text in xclipboard window
4. paste normally into your application.

Did it work?

Regards,  Glenn Lovitz