Hi,

I've installed a VNC server on my Linux machine and a VNC viewer on my
windows machine. I usually work in my office (upstairs) and the linux
machine is in the same building of the campus (downstairs). So I
establish an on-campus connection and it works well. If I'm off campus,
at home for example, it doesn't connect to my linux machine (I use also
ssh tunnels) and everytime I enter the IPaddress:port, it gives me the
message 'Failed to connect to the server'.

I've tried to solve this problem for a while, also asking help to my
network administrator, but I didn't manage.
Is there anyone who can help me to fix this? I would really appreciate.

Ps:        putty works from home
            Ping ipaddress works

Thanks in advance
Katia