On Monday 05 January 2004 22:25, Sertar Yalciner wrote:
> Hi,
> To summarize,
> My ADSL modem does NAT.
> I run vnc server on port 9000
> I translate port 21 to port 9000 on the modem
> My modem was listening from port 21 but I disabled it.
> I am behind NAT in the office also.
> I can telnet to port 21 of my modem and I get the RFB
> prompt of VNC
>
> I did something crazy and put a firewall on my desktop
> at home. I allowed port 9000 on it and configured it
> to log everything. When I got back home, I can see all
> the requests from my office being allowed by the
> desktop firewall.
>
> BUT I still get connection reset by peer (10054)
> message.
>
> Does anybody know how to debug vnc?
> Any other suggestions?

Can you connect your ADLS modem directly to your PC without it doing NAT?

Other suggestions:
a) Borrow someone elses ADSL modem and see if you have more luck that.
b) Get Snort (http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/) and take a dump of the
network traffic, and analyse it.  I normally use tcpflow
(http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/), but then it is compiled
for Linux.  It will probably compile and work on Windows under Cygwin.

No doubt there is some windows shareware that might help you analyse what is
going on.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--