Thanks all,

I should have read the documentation more carefully,
when I posted my question I thought the (linux)vncviewer
client blocked the connection, now I understand (hope) that
the vncserver at work blocked the connection, because it thought
the connection was coming from localhost...
This Monday I'll do the registry thing at work and try again.

regards
Marijn