Hmm, the problem doesn't seem to come from my Outlook or any other mailer.  It
comes from VNC mailing-list server!  It doesn't allow 8-bit transmission!  Or
somewhere between my mail server and VNC mailing-list server, some server doesn't
allow 8-bit but doesn't do its job to encode properly the mail to "quoted-printable".

        How can I be so sure?  Because this last mail (herebelow) was sent using
Latin-1 encoding.  I was using the character (o() as an example but this character
turned out to be the letter t.  Hexadecimal code of 't' is $74.  And if I set the 8th
bit to 1, it becomes $F4 and it's exactly (o()!!

        What server is used by VNC mailing-list?  How come it does not allow 8-bit
transmission?  Come on, we're already in 21st century!