Greg:

        Heya. Sorry for the late reply. Here's another possibility:
different Ethernet NIC's can come with different MTU sizes. Due to
the IPSEC wrapping of your packets in a VPN, an otherwise functional
MTU size can be exceeded, and packets get fragmented leading to
uncertain behavior in VPN settings.
        Which is all to say...try reducing the MTU size on your
wireless NIC to that if your wired NIC and see if it helps. Good
luck!

-Scott