When I use the win-4.04b viewer on win2000 to connect to a 4.04b server on
2.4.22 linux which functions as a loadable module (precompiled vnc.so) in
a XFree86 4.3.0 Xserver, I get the expected desktop display but have
problems typing. Each character I type appears twice in xterms or any text
input area. xev shows the the X actually receives two press/release events
per one keystroke. I can avoid this behaviour if I hit the key on the win2k
Toshiba laptop extremely briefly. The connection is through 802.11b
wireless router to cable broadband modem to ISP to work at the full 11Mbps rate.

The keyboard repreat rate on the X server is set to 30/s. On the client (win2k viewer)
both the "slowest" and "fastest" settings for keyboard the repeat rate exhibit the
same problematic behaviour.

The same happens with the 3.3.7 viewer. Since I can avoid the problem on the client
side, it seems it is a viewer problem, no ?

Is there any other setup information I could provide ?

The only slighly non-standard angle I can think of is that I compiled my XFree 4.3.0
and did not use a rpm. The module works fine, otherwise.

Andreas

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.