So the display on your server PC is a stretched desktop, right?  That means in
Windows' perspective, it has one but very wide display (desktop).

        So if you need to display such desktop on your client machine, I think it has
to be in stretched desktop too.  Or else Windows in your client machine would consider
your both monitors as independent display.

        HTH