-----Original Message-----
From: p putkowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:38 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: VNC authentication failed

Server   vnc-server-4.0.0-beta4.3  Fedora core

Viewer  Win32 3.3.7                   XP Pro
Viewer  vnc-3.3.3r2-47                RH 9
Viewer  vnc-4.0-0.beta4.3           Suse 9.0

Using xinetd, with identical /etc/services entries and
/etc/xinetd.d/vncserver file entries as RH 9, all attempts to connect to the
Fedora box fail with the authentication error. (Changed the usual Xaccess,
gdmconfig, xdm-config, and etc.)

/etc/vncserver:

##
service vnc-800x600x24
{
          protocol = tcp
          socket_type = stream
          wait = no
          user = nobody
          server = /usr/bin/Xvnc
          server_args = -inetd -query localhost -once -geometry
800x600 -depth 24
}

Even attempts to localhost fail.

CConnection : using RFB protocol version 3.7

I have run vncpasswd to (re)set the password. I can connect to the box by
manually starting a server (and using the same password.)

All the other systems are playing well together(all are on the good side of
the firewall) Is there something new I need to setup for this VNC version?

Another odd indication in the system log:

Xinetd(pid): warning: cant get client address. Transport endpoint is not
connected

Thanks

Putkowski