Raj wrote:

Hi,

I am using Slackware Linux, FVM95 and Windows98.

While using VNC X-windows, in xterm, my keyboard character "5" is working as a backspace character.

Sounds like some bad keyboard mapping somewhere.

In X (X11, Xvnc, XFree), they are defined with stuff like `xmodmap` and you can fool around with them using `xkeycaps`.

Only for a particular vnc account this is happening and from the same system when I login using another account, everything works fine.

Then check te differences between the 2 accounts. Focus on language setting and keyboard mapping. Most likely in the used windowmanager (mwm, olwm) or display manager (cde, kde, gnome).

Please help in correcting this.

Best regards,
Raj